Chiari Malformation (pronounced Kee-ah-ree) a serious neurological disorder where the bottom part of the brain, the cerebellum, descends out of the skull and crowds the spinal cord, putting pressure on both the brain and spine and causing many symptoms.

September 11, 2010

Surgery Date

Well I saw the nuerosurgeon yesterday. He basically said "I'm not going to paint you a pretty picture of rainbows and flowers you have two choices you can go see the neurologist and get pain meds for the headaches but they are going to tell you just to get the Chiari fixed or we can skip that whole process and do the surgery. By no means is going to fix all of your symptoms but it will make you somewhat better." So on the 29th of Sept. I will be having my decompression surgery. I also had my full spinal MRI last night looking for Syrinx and for a tethered cord. The MRI guy wasn't supposed to tell me but he said he didn't see any Syrinx but he did see several bulging discs in my thoracic spine where that goes I don't know but at least now I can see the light at the end of this very long tunnel. I ask everyone for their prayers though not for me. It is going to be difficult road getting my husband home from Iraq in time and my kids know that something is up. Please keep my family in your prayers mine have already been answered.

No comments:

Post a Comment