Chiari Malformation (pronounced Kee-ah-ree) a serious neurological disorder where the bottom part of the brain, the cerebellum, descends out of the skull and crowds the spinal cord, putting pressure on both the brain and spine and causing many symptoms.

June 22, 2012

Been To Long

Sorry it has been so long since my last update. Lets see I left off right after my surgery so let me fill you in on what has been going on since then. Well my pregnancy began a little scary since I was pregnant when they did the surgery we weren't sure if our little bean would be ok. We had monthly ultrasounds and bean was growing normally until Christmas Eve when I began to spot. I was about 18 weeks and scared. I got the best news and my Christmas present early. Not only was our bean healthy but also a bouncing baby girl. After two Princes this family was going to have a Princess.
Everything began to progress normally and we were breathing a sigh of relief. There was nothing wrong with our little girl she was growing right on schedule. I, however, started to have my migraines returning in full force and my hands and legs were numb again. The doctors told me that because I was pregnant that my CSF fluid was rising to 700 which is normal for a "normal" woman but in someone with Chiari it was precarious at best. At 28 weeks I went into preterm labor. We got to L&D and they dosed me with Tributaline(spelling?). My contractions stopped and they put me on bed rest for the rest of my pregnancy along with meds to keep from contracting. I got to see my Princess again at 34 weeks when we went to Stork Vision of Abilene.

Isn't she so pretty. I spoke with more doctors and they came to a consensous that because there is a risk of suction on the brainstem with an epidural that I would not be getting one. If I needed a C-Section I would be knocked out. So I went on the hunt for a doula to help me with labor. I found Doula's of Abilene. Her name is Sarah Shaver and she was the best person I could have hired. She was there through everything with me. They also wanted to take our little girl early due to my having to push her out would cause even more pressure in my head. They didn't want her to get to big. So on May 27th 2011 I was induced with pitocin at 9 a.m. 

I labored NATURALLY until my baby girl made her grand entrance into this world at 4:27 p.m. on 5/27/11 weighing in at 6 lbs 10 oz and 18 inches long. She was completely perfect.


Her name is Madalynn Kate
In the year since her birth things have been up and down hill and I have been told by my nuerosugeon that I have been decompressed and he can no longer help me. I was sent back to my neurologist to be put on a pain management schedule and so far some meds work and some don't. But hey I will take what I can get.

I promise to update more now and will keep everyone informed of how I am doing.
Thanks again everyone
Tiffany


No comments:

Post a Comment