Chiari Malformation (pronounced Kee-ah-ree) a serious neurological disorder where the bottom part of the brain, the cerebellum, descends out of the skull and crowds the spinal cord, putting pressure on both the brain and spine and causing many symptoms.

August 28, 2010

Diagnosis to present

8-17-2010
Went in for the MRI near the end I started getting a burning sensation on the back of my head. By this point I had already had a migraine for 2 days
8-18-2010
Day 3 of migraine. Got a call at 2:45 pm with MRI results Chiari I Malformation with compression of my spinal cord. Took tramadol before bed for the pain. I slept two hours that night.
8-19-2010
Day 4 of migraine still no pain relief and another nights sleep lost
8-20-2010
Feeling exhausted and feel like the back of my head is on fire. Called my doctor at 8:30 they said they would call me back. Tired weak and nauseas
Talked to Doc and he has referred me to a Neurosurgeon named Dr. Trammell was told I wouldn't be able to get an appointment for three weeks.
8-21-2010
Got about 5 hours sleep last night which is a vast improvement so I am keeping a good attitude.
John 14:27 says Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid That is my goal for today
The pain has gotten worse as the day progressed the dizzieness and the burning in the back of my head are whats bugging me the most.
8-22-2010
I woke up this morning and went to take the dogs out to the bathroom my hands started to shake. Got dressed for church was singing when I got really dizzy so I sat down and tried to cross my legs and found I had to pick my leg up and over to cross them.
8-23-2010
This was one of the worst days but also on a good note I finally have an appointment with Dr Trammell on the 10th at 8:30 am
8-24-2010
woke up this morning to my left leg not working at all. It took about ten minutes for the feeling of being able to move to come back but now it just feels like its asleep and has been like that all day

No comments:

Post a Comment